Thursday 30 July 2009

Caterpillars & Butterflies

Ahh well! The house is a tip, there's washing everywhere, I've still not fully unpacked after our holiday and here I am playing about with a new craft gadget. At least it's a job completed (not much of that round here lately!)

I found out about it via The Linen Cat blog (the cats & rabbits on the banner are rather melancholy looking I always think!) but I got mine on ebay - cheaper, but still from same original company.

Well, what could possibly be wrong with the rather nice set of Very Hungry Caterpillar game cards Granny kindly bought for A (and me!)...

.. just look at those corners, no use for a set of playing cards!


Ta da, my corner cutter in use...


...sorted!

And at last, we have some butterflies visiting us in the garden...

A Large White


A Small Tortoiseshell

Blogging is proving very good for improving my local wildlife & wildflower knowledge!

I apologise for the not especially good photos of the butterflies. My excuse...

... somewhat hampered mobility due to new leg adornment so couldn't get very close. I'm looking forward to when he can walk on his own!

Off now to get some housework done so that I don't completely waste his nap time. A is currently watching telly and being a "wobbly chicken wobbling about in it's nest" - ie she needs the loo but telly is just too absorbing at the moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you will become addicted to the corner cutter, everything suddenly looks better rounded.
Love the butterfly photos, reminds me I need to spend more time in the garden chilling, although small children jump on my head whenever I try and relax! Bethx

rockinloubylou said...

a CORNER CUTTER???? Although come to think of it....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails