Tuesday 20 April 2010

Stripes, Stitches, Flowers, Feet.

I'm back!

We were just away visiting my parents for a few days. They stay in the south west of Scotland so no aeroplane travel involved, fortunately! It did mean I missed yet another Saturday cycle though.

Anyway, one upside was that I had several days with no cooking/washing/housework/computer access(!) at all. This gave me time in the evenings to do this...

... one side of a crocheted cushion cover for N.

So, what happened to the cushion for A? Well, here's a little peek...

Both sides are finished. The cushion pads have now arrived. Just need to find time to join them together.

As you may have guessed, I'm rather partial to these round stripey crocheted covers. I've now even offered to do one for my Mum.

One evening I did fancy a little change though so had a bash at one of the flowers from this book which I'd taken with me for such emergencies. I thought the book would have a quick description of each stitch in it but it doesn't and the only stitches I could remember off heart were chain, double & treble so that helped narrow down the choice of flowers I could make. I plumped for the lazy daisy...

...here it is nestling against some of my Mum's primroses.

Speaking of flowers, I did my usual photographic tour of my Mum's garden. I then spent(wasted!) much time sorting them into a photo mosaic...
...and after all that effort I'm not sure I like the end reult. However it seemed better than posting individual photos. Hmmm, I think I'll stick to 3x3 mosaics, to me these seem to work best.

Thank you for the kind comments on my last post regarding our own garden. We are lucky to have quite a big garden though because of its size I have yet to manage to tame it all. I've taken more photos of it which I'll bore you with another day. Here's one of a tiny bit of our mossy grass for now...

... graced by a lovelyhydrangea skeleton leaf.

On an unrelated note, I include this photo...

...just because I love the way A & N snuggle up to each other on the sofa when they're watching the telly (until A starts poking N then it all ends in tears!)

By the way, if anyone's really been paying attention you may notice that this is my 111th post which is when I promised a giveaway. Sorry but I'm not organised enough yet but it will happen sometime soon, hopefully by the end of next week. This week's turning out a bit busy. I'm also playing in this at the weekend, we had a rehearsal for it tonight. Lovely music!

Enjoy your week!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Where to begin. All are wonderful. Love the cushions, very Luc-ish. You Mum garden is spectacular and what an amazing mosaic. Those litte feet are the cutest. Glad you had a nice trip.

Kate-xoxoxox

Laura said...

Beautiful cushions, wow you surely are talented and the flowers they are so wonderful to see. I am missing them being stuck over here. Love the sock picture too. Lx

Diane said...

I love the mosaic - infact I love all the photos. "Break a leg" for the concert.

topchelseagirl said...

Love the cheery colours of your cushions and the daisy is so sweet. Your Mum's flowers are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Loving the colours of that top cushion, lush! Your parents garden has a lot more to offer than mine, must put more effort into the Spring flowers ;) Bx

Cathy said...

Your cushions are lovely and bright Anne. How lovely not to have a computer and to be able to catch up with other things with no guilt...lol. Your flower photos are as amazing as your landscapes. You are obviously a talented photographer. I adore that hydrangea leaf.

Dawn said...

I have that book - I might make the daisy, it looks simple enough for my abilities! Your cushions look pretty - lovely colours.

periwinkle said...

your cushions are super :-)

Jennyff said...

How lovely to have some time away and be totally looked after, with plenty of crafting done. Your Mum has a large variety of interesting plants, I'd be hinting about some cuttings for your own makeover.

rockinloubylou said...

all so beautiful, as ever. You are such a good photographer - a real eye for a photograph. Love the hydrangea leaf. I wonder though how it survived the rampages of those little feet in the garden!

Julie said...

The top cushion cover is great. The other is lovely too but the colours in the first really appeal to me. So please you had a good time away. its lovely to get away from all the normal stuff that takes up so much time.
Hope the concert goes well. Juliex

Selfsewn said...

Ooh hello nice to meet you!
I was surprised by a comment from Anthony,
I don't think I've had a single comment from a man!

Can't wait to have a good read, sounds like we have similar interests.

Clare

...Nina Nixon... said...

Your crochet looks lovely and such and adorable little daisy - very Spring like though only the ones on our lawn seem to be flowering at the moment.

take care,

Nina xx

ps. the loo lid is hideous - wooden, spilt and falling apart, and as the toilet is a certain design (we inherited it) it would mean ripping the whole thing out including the floor and starting again so not such an easy replacement job!! Still no pics though, sorry. Nxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails