Wednesday 16 March 2011

Crochet, Flowers and Sparrows.

Today we have...

1. An almost finished crocheted something or other, to be revealed very soon - I've almost run out of yarn which is the determining factor as to how big it will be.

2. A poor little sick girl. She started to perk up by teatime though so I think it'll be back to school for her tomorrow.

3. The real reason for this post. I finished my Japanese Flower Scarf a week or so ago by adding on another three flowers. And that'll do it because I ran out of yarn in certain colours and I really wanted to work on something else instead!

I only got round to photographing it today.

I notice that Lucy of Attic 24 (responsible for popularising this pattern) has just done her Ta Da post for this scarf today too.

Mine is 18 flowers in total (just a scarf), she did 46 (for a shawl).

We had the same idea of photographing it on a garden chair though my effort was rather half-hearted, a bit of a jumble. Notice the sunshine though and lack of snow, woo hoo!

I haven't blocked mine. After seeing Lucy's post today I'm wondering if I should after all. I'll think about it...

While in the garden I check on the crocuses to find that most of them have survived the snow.

We also have our first dwarf daffodil.

Now back inside, and looking out the side of the living room window we can see the bush beloved by sparrows (and much disliked by me as I have to trim it every year and it's about 7ft tall and very round)

Looking closer, I catch two lady sparrows posing beautifully. Despite being only poor little sparrows - no colourful feathers have they, I think their markings are very pretty.

15 comments:

June said...

Oh, aren't those dear little sparrows cute. So small and yet have to survive outdoors in all sorts of weather - poor mites!
I wish I could crochet - that scarf looks lovely.
June

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful scarf! Do block it - it's worth it, especially for something that pretty. Lovely colours.

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Anne, I love the colors in your scarf and it is beautiful!! Looks like Spring is coming to your home. We're having tons of rain and our daffodils have little mud spots all over them from the splashing!

I've got 4 flowers done in Drops Alpaca and I'm loving them!

Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

Attic24 said...

I love the soft colours in your scarf, soooo pretty!!! Remarkable how our individual "photoshoots" turned out so similar, i really laughed when I saw your garden chair prop, aren't we a funny bunch??!!!
Wonderful visiting with you
Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

a lovely photo fest! Your scarf looks wonderful and I LOVE the stained glass - your work?

tammykingdon said...

Are they celtic sheepskin slippers poking into the photo? I have a pair the exact same colour! Lovely scarf.

Marie said...

Your scarf is lovely, the colours are great and really work well together. Hopefully the weather will get its act together now and we can enjoy spring properly!

Hazel said...

I love the colours on your scarf. I have finished mine too. Just not posted it yet. Mine is very springy. xx

Apples and Pears said...

Really gorgeous! I just love the yarn and colours you have chosen. I think it is perfect as it is. I'm not always a fan of blocking...I sometimes think you lose the natural drape of the scarf or whatever x

rockinloubylou said...

love the scarf. I would resist the urge to block it as I think the soft drape suits the colours very well. Hope the poor little sick girl gets better soon.

Dawn said...

Lovely scarf - I have been admiring Lucys too. I might have to make one myself!

DEBBIE said...

I LOVE THE COLOURS AND THE DESIGN... WELL DONE!
YOUR FLOWERS ARE LOOKING BEAUTIFUL TOO!

DEBBIE MOSS

Eileen said...

Hi Anne,

Hello and congrats! You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award. You can find more about it here: Crochet Attic
or here: Stylish Blogger Award

Regards,
Eileen

Jennyff said...

I love the scarf too, you wear it very stylishly. At last some sunshine here and the bulbs are doing there best, here's to a good week.

Michelle Glauser said...

I've been trying to figure out how to crochet a tight, five-inch flower, but the YouTube tutorials I found only make smaller flowers. I don't really want that loose middle that the Japanese flower has. Do you know of a better pattern?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails