Thursday 17 May 2012

A Woodland Walk

Brrr, it's cool! Weatherwise May is normally one of the better months of the year for us. However, with the exception of the odd afternoon, it's been rather cold this year. There has been some sunshine and if you manage to find a sheltered sunny spot you get a hint of what May should be like. I'm still wearing woolly socks and cardigans and when I go out I'm grateful I've worn a warm jacket and cosy scarf.

Last weekend we decided to make use of our NTS passes again, but we couldn't find them! Instead we went for a woodland walk. We saw wild garlic (I picked some of the leaves which I later used when making herb butter), a few bluebells, carpets of wood anemones, lots of freshly unfurled beech leaves, lovely dappled sunshine through the leaves and at the top there were views of plump clouds scudding over the fields. It was grand.

















I've a very busy weekend looming filled with three concerts and associated rehearsals - a local concert on Friday night, one in the big city on Saturday night, and one across the water on Sunday night (which we're assured will finish in time for us to get the last ferry back - there'll no encores that night!). I hurt my back last weekend and it got gradually worse till yesterday when it quite suddenly felt much better, phew! I'm being careful with it though. I'm so glad it's not a long term issue, aside from the discomfort it was just very frustrating being unable to do normal tasks. I do appreciate being fit and well again...

11 comments:

Mereknits said...

Good luck with all the concerts, your pictures are so beautiful, as always.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the concerts and I hope you don't miss the last ferry home.

Have you tried Voltarol on your back pain, it might help.

June said...

Great photos as always!
June

Rattling On said...

lovely walk, and your trees are very leafy! Your weekend sounds like it may be busy but satisfying (I love ferries!).

Sue said...

What a lovely walk, such a pretty place. I love wild garlic the smell takes me straight back to my childhood as do the bluebells which we used to pick(horror) and sell at the bottom of the lane in the West Sussex village where my friend lived! How times change. Enjoy your weekend. ♥

Claire said...

As always, stunning photos Anne......I love the brilliant green of fresh new growth on trees.
A beautiful place to go for a wander and take note of the seasonal changes.

Glad to read your back's better, it can be so debilitating.....
Sounds like a busy weekend coming up, hope all goes well and the weather warms up a bit for you......

Claire :}

Claire said...

As always, stunning photos Anne......I love the brilliant green of fresh new growth on trees.
A beautiful place to go for a wander and take note of the seasonal changes.

Glad to read your back's better, it can be so debilitating.....
Sounds like a busy weekend coming up, hope all goes well and the weather warms up a bit for you......

Claire :}

Mrs. Micawber said...

Gorgeous photos. I especially like the wood anemones and the tree photo 5th from the bottom. So cool and green and woodsy.

Hope the back continues well, and good luck with the concerts. Next time you'll have to let us know what was on the programme. :)

* said...

Beautiful woodland walk, the pictures are lovely, I especially like the cloud one which seems to bend around, I do love clouds!

Glad your back is feeling easier, hope your concerts go well and you catch that ferry!

Have a great weekend!

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Lovely woodland photos, it looks very lush and green, I can almost smell the wild garlic! I made wild garlic muffins last weekend, but herb butter sounds like a great idea, I've read making pesto with it is a winner as well. Hope your back is still ok, my OH has lots of trouble with his and it can make life very difficult. Beth (the linen cat)x

Lyn said...

I love that ree growing out of the wall!
Lovely woodland walk, you can't beat it!
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails