Saturday 12 May 2012

The Garish One.

It's done. My quickest blanket to date. I think I kept hoping if I added some more rows it would start to look better(!) It's for N (who is three and three quarters) and he chose the colours though I did remove a really bright orange he liked and also toned down the red. It's still pretty bright though...







...and he seems to like it very much, and now it's done I like it too. It's amazing the difference adding a border makes, even when it's just a simple one like I've done here. I started the blanket in March I think, so it's only taken a couple of months. It's just repeated rows of shell stitch (I'll add a link to the pattern I used) made using random dk acrylics I had in my stash.

Edit... the pattern link is here.

Now I have already started another blanket. This new one will be for myself & hubby and for the first time I have bought all new yarn specifically for a blanket project. It's a nice feeling to know I won't run out of certain colours and have no idea how to replace them, as happens with some of the charity shop and pound shop "bargain" yarns I've used in the past. I'm loving it so far. More details to follow...

Right, got lots to do. I'll finish with a few photos from the last week.

House sparrow egg?


Some lovely skies.

Probably the last tulip shot of the year, they're starting to look a little tatty now.

Have a lovely weekend.

16 comments:

Rosangela said...

Super colorido, muito lindo.
Parabéns.
Beijo.

VintageVicki said...

I think that blanket is looking rather lovely and the new owner looks pleased with it.

Love the snails eye view of the tulips - so clever :)

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I love that blanket and also the pattern and stitches. The tulip shot is good! x

Annaboo's House said...

Amazing colours! It looks just perfectly bright and sunny!
Have a great weekend!
X

Hazel said...

Looks fantastic! There are a lot of primary colours on there which are perfect for a wee boy. x

* said...

Love, love, love your shell stitch blanket, I can see why those colours were chosen, even if it wasn't your choice at first. You're right about Borders, they can make a massive difference, and the blue-green you chose was perfect.

I love making blankets, my favourite pastime, something very exciting about making such a comforting warm thing, more so than a jumper, as a blanket is with you always.

Hope the sun is with you, looks like it with those blue sky pics. Have a good weekend!

Mereknits said...

I bet he loves it, the blanket is amazing.
Meredith

Gillian Roe said...

Wow, that blanket is so gorgeous! I love the mix of colour. The edging really brings it all together. Can't believe how quickly you made it though - i would still be trying to remember how to start the chain!

Claire said...

Anne, on a grey, gloomy Winter's day that blanket is going to brighten everything up, it's lovely.

I think the shell stitch looks great and really adds to the overall effect.

Love, love, love, the shot with the pink and red tulips. I must get me some tulip bulbs in those colours.

How gorgeous is that speckled egg shell and the snails eye view of the Tulips, hehe......

Hope you are enjoying some lovely, blue sky days over the weekend.

Claire :}

Anonymous said...

That is one very cheery and lovely blanket and I'm not surprised he loves it .... or needs it given this weather!
Kx

Lyn said...

It's a lovely blanket he has good taste.
My tulips are fed up with getting wet! But I love your blue skies.
xxx

Simone said...

Young children love bright colours don't they? I am sure it will be treasured by him. x

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

The blanket looks so chunky and warm and bright - anyone would love it! The sun's now gone in here and it's getting cool - it's just what I need NOW! xCathy

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

I think the blankets marvellous. Kids don't see colour quite like adults, it's why they like brights :D

Rattling On said...

Perfect. Makes up for all the gloomy weather. Like your colourway (as always) you have a real eye for it.

Mrs. Micawber said...

I really like the blanket. It's cheerful and full of movement, and the blue rows kind of keep everything under control.

Beautiful egg and lovely skies! (I've been slacking off on sky photos - must be more diligent.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails